I have just setup the USB server and client to try and get a Nokia modem presented into a VM using the Nokia data suite.
The mobile phone presents several USB devices into the guest VM correctly with no errors at all.
However, the modem wont work!
If I test with hyperterminal in the guest the fault appears like I have set the baud rate or framing incorrectly.
If I use the diagnostics in the guest control panel, it says modem not plugged in, even though device manager in the guest Vm shows all drivers loaded without error. I can also acccess other elements of the phone (mass storage etc) without error.
If I dont share the phone, and test it in the host, it works fine.
The Host is Server 2008R2 and the guest is 32bit server 2003.
1. Were you able to establish a connection between your cell phone and Nokia Data Suite on the remote computer when the phone was redirected?
2. You said cell phone was recognized as several devices. Have you redirected them all?
3. Do you use Hyper-V?
Also I would like you to perform one more test.
1. Connect your cell phone to PC1; 2. Install Nokia Data Suite on PC1; 3. Start RDP session from PC2 to PC1; 4. Try to connect the cell phone with Nokia Data Suite and to get access to the internet;
Please note our software is not involved in this test. Let me know the results. Thanks in advance.
1. Data suite appears to see the phone from the VM. You can browse the mass storage etc. But cannot communicate with the modem at all - even from the diagnostics tab in device or from hyperterminal.
2. When you connect the phone to any machine, there are 5 or 6 device drivers that windows loads, leading to 5 devices in device manager under "wireless communication devices" one modem, and one "portable devices".
However, I have just stumbled over something that may be related. Typically, there is only one device that you can share for the phone in USBoN. That is the Nokia handset. If I UNSHARE the handset, then another device appears in USBoN, called Nokia USB Phone Parent, which has a yellow bubble and an exclaimation mark next to it in USBoN - with no further error details presented. No device manager errors exist still.
3. Yes, 2008R2 - not core, full OS.
With regards RDP - I can connect to the modem and dial the net ok. I am intrigued as to what this proves!
Check your private messages here on forum. I will send you the link for downloading USB over Network v4.4. It contains another drivers and uses another redirection technology. Please uninstall USB over Network 4.7.4 from both computers, reboot them and install v4.4. Test old version with your cell phone and let me know the results.