Hi, I tried this (maybe) fantastic program but have a problem. One year ago I tried version 4.3, and it had no problem with stanby (under Windows XP PRO SP3). At that time I didn't really needed this tool so I left it but I wrote down the name in case... Actually I need it and I'm thinking to buy, but before I re-tried it just to see what changes it has achived. Surprisingly, I cannot go no more stanby my machine. If I uninstall it, all returns ok, and the machine correctly goes standby. If it is installed, no way, no more standby, nor correct shutdown (it hangs before power down). The only difference I can see is that the actual version creates a sort of "Shared USB Device" dongle for any of the USB device connected to the machine (but NOT shared, just for any connected device!). Can you solve this standby issue? (sorry for my bad english....)
The most likely your issue is caused with VMWare driver r conflict. Unfortunately VMware has its own tools for redirecting USB devices to the guest systems. These tools are not compatible with FabulaTech software. The conflict of VMWare drivers and FabulaTech drivers cause different issues, like BSOD, hangups, power off issues etc.
To avoid this we suggest you to disable VMWare USB redirection driver.
To do it you have to do the following.
1) Start regedit (Start-> Run-> regedit)
2) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\hcmon
3) Find there "Start" parameter
4) Change its value to "4"
5) Reboot the PC
If this does not work for you then send us your system information to support@fabulatech.com so we can investigate the issue. To get system information file you need to do the following:
Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information
I don't use VMWare, nor any other virtual machine system. The machine has a very clean XP Professional SP3. Does the suggestion about regedit to be applied despite of VMWare absence? p.s. the problem manifests on the UoN Server machine....