I have a software on a server, which is protected by a sentinel dongle. The software itself is a windows service, which starts automatically at windows start.
Unfortunately, the UON Client starts at user logon. So the software cannot find the dongle until UON-Client is started.
Is it possible to install the UON-Client as service, so that I can configure a dependency to the software?
BTW, it seems to work perfectly with Sentinel SuperPro Dongle.
Well, actually UoN Server and Client are running as a service. You can check whether service is started in Services (Start -> Run -> services.msc). Service names are:
USB over Network (Client) service USB over Network (Server) service
I can give you an advice to try auto-sharing and auto-connect options in order to make your dongle available at start-up. You can learn more about these options here:
I have a similar problem which appears after the client machine is restarted.
I have a server with multiple USB devices in it and they are shared across a number of client machines. After a client is restarted the UON-delivered USB device is not locally available until the UON client has been run (although there's no need to do anything more).
I can't afford to have one client grabbing all the shared USB devices on the UON server at startup. Is there an option to force reconnection to just preconfigured USB devices instead of all of them?
Otherwise this looks like a bug (should connect but isn't)?
I have four dongles for software running on four different VMWare servers, and I need each server to grab only the dongle that is needed for its software to run.
You can adjust auto-connection properties for each of the multiple devices inserted in the USB over Network Server. To do that, right-click on the needed device in USB over Network Client -> Properties -> General -> Connect USB Device by device ID + Auto-connect the device when it is available.
And don't forget to turn on Auto-Sharing in USB over Network Server (Settings -> Perferences -> Auto-Sharing -> Enable Auto-Sharing of USB devices).