Sep 29th , 2026, 7:40am
Author
Topic: GPS (Read 10439 times)
three83
FabulaTech Forum Newbie
Posts: 4
I'm using serial port splitter to run 3 applications that access the same com port. Connected to the com port is a gps. Sometimes it works great other times not so great. When it stops working I am unable to get NEMA data from the GPS. If I stop the serial port splitter software I will start getting NMEA data, then if I restart the serial port splitter software no NMEA data. Generally after serveral reboots it will start working again for a while then the same thing happens.
Last Edit: Jan 17th , 2007, 12:54pm by three83
IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
ModeratorFabulaTech Forum Senior Member
Gender: Posts: 427
Re: GPS
Reply #1 on: Jan 18th , 2007, 12:30am
Quote Modify
Hi! First of all, what version of Serial Port Splitter do you use? Please check if it the latest version. Second question: is your GPS a serial device or USB device. I mean, is it connected to physical serial port, or does it create virtual COM port? One more question: what access rights settings you've configured for split COM ports and what is priority signals COM port setting? Awaiting your reply.
IP Logged
Andrew Scott FabulaTech ===================http://www.fabulatech.com
three83
FabulaTech Forum Newbie
Posts: 4
Re: GPS
Reply #2 on: Jan 18th , 2007, 7:29am
Quote Modify
I'm running Version 3.6.4 of Serial Port Splitter The GPS is a serial device but is connected to the PC with a USB to Serial Adapter. It is using COM2 on the computer. We are not splitting com ports we have com port 2 shared. Thanks.
IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
ModeratorFabulaTech Forum Senior Member
Gender: Posts: 427
Re: GPS
Reply #3 on: Jan 18th , 2007, 7:56am
Quote Modify
1. Is it possible to send us screenshot of Serial Port Splitter GUI as soon as error occurs? 2. Check and double-check you are using 3.6.4 version, because similar issue was fixed in 3.6.4 3. Try split feature instead of share. I mean split COM2 to several virtual COM ports (COM3, COM4, COM5) and use these ports instead of COM2 Awaiting your reply.
IP Logged
Andrew Scott FabulaTech ===================http://www.fabulatech.com
three83
FabulaTech Forum Newbie
Posts: 4
Re: GPS
Reply #4 on: Jan 18th , 2007, 9:29am
Quote Modify
There is no error, the applications just stop receiving GPS data. Verified I am running 3.6.4 I will attempt trying the split feature but I don't think this will work with our applications.
IP Logged
three83
FabulaTech Forum Newbie
Posts: 4
Re: GPS
Reply #5 on: Jan 18th , 2007, 1:03pm
Quote Modify
I tried splitting the port instead of sharing and had the same problem.......no NMEA Data from the GPS.
IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
ModeratorFabulaTech Forum Senior Member
Gender: Posts: 427
Re: GPS
Reply #6 on: Feb 9th , 2007, 12:43am
Quote Modify
Hi, is GPS port virtual or physical COM port? Could you please check that the port is present in Windows, the disable/enable Serial Port Splitter and try again.
IP Logged
Andrew Scott FabulaTech ===================http://www.fabulatech.com
Accessibility preferences
Text size:
Follow OS settings
Larger
Largest
Contrast:
Follow OS settings
Normal
High contrast
Animations:
Follow OS settings
Normal
Reduced motion
Close